Monday, June 16, 2014

World Cup Tips for this coming week.

Belgium v Algeria

Belgium are clear favourites in this game. There is good news for the Belgians as Romelu Lukaku is likely to start after an injury scare.

Adnan Januzaj could be a potential big star emerging from the World Cup. This Belgian team has an excellent squad and it would not surprise me if they went far.

I can’t see Algeria causing an upset in this game. It’s likely that the Algerians will finish bottom of Group H.

I predict a comfortable victory for Belgium who are quoted at 1.45

Spain v Chile

Chile could be on the end of a Spanish backlash after the humiliation of a 5-1 loss to the Dutch. Vicente Del Bosque biggest problem is who will he play up? Torres hardly inspires confidence and the jury is still out on Diego Costa.

Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli will be delighted with three points on the board. Chiles got off to a flying start against the Australians. I believe the Spanish will be too tough for the Chileans. Cardiff City defender Gary Medel lacks height and pace at the back but Sampaoli might give Medel a defensive midfield role against the Spanish.

I’m going for a Spanish victory. Spain are 1.62 with the Chileans at 5.20

Uruguay v England

Uruguay suffered a shock 3-1 defeat to Costa Rica. The Costa Ricans fully deserved the victory and Uruguay were very poor. Even if Suarez is fit I wouldn’t be too confident of their chances against England.

I was impressed with England’s display against Italy. Sterling had a very good game and Sturridge is looking a quality striker. I’m not Gerrard’s biggest fan, you can’t progress on past history. The player I am a massive fan of is Ross Barkley, I would play him from the start in every game. Barkley has a massive future.

It’s certainly an English victory for me.


England are currently priced at 2.16 with Uruguay at 3.40 on Irish Eyes Bet

No comments: