Monday, June 23, 2014

This week's world cup tips

Last week’s tips were quite successful. Going into the last round of group matches can be a little trickier. If teams have already qualified do they put out full teams? Do you they put in 100% effort? I’ll stick to games that teams have something to fight for.

Croatia v Mexico

This looks a very tough one to call. Mexico have played well and were unlucky against Brazil. I believe Croatia to be the better all round team and with this in mind I am going with them.

Croatia are priced at a generous 2.65 (as are Mexico) and I expect them to shade it……just.

Costa Rica v England

Costa Rica have qualified but I’m sure they want to ensure they finish top of the group. However, I do believe England will want to win this game. Hodgson will hopefully start with Barkley. I have mentioned before that I believed he should of started both previous games. The pressure will be off England now. I fully expect them to win this game.

England are priced at 1.84 to win the game, and I expect a few goals too.

USA v Germany

This game “could” be a tad controversial. The USA need a draw to ensure they progress to the second round. Germany would be happy with the same result with the minimum of effort. I wouldn’t suggest that both teams would come to an understanding as such.

The USA team have a strong German influence….. Coach Jurgen Klinsmann and several players also. Interestingly German coach Joachim Low worked under Klinsmann in 2006. It’s a tough call. Im going to stick my head out and predict a not surprisingly drawn game.

The draw is priced at Irisheyesbet at 2.50.

Uruguay v Italy

This is a game the Uruguyans have to win. Unfortunately for them they are up against Italy. I do not believe this Italian team to be very good but they do always seem to do just enough at the right time. Whilst Balotelli can be so frustrating, he can deliver the goods at times too. If he can stay disciplined (and it’s a big if) I can see Italy getting the right result.  Italy are priced at 2.65 with the draw at 3.15. Ill go for an Italian win with the Italians catching the Uruguyans on the break.

Michael Flannagan

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.