Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year - New Games. Doke on PivMerge

Hi all.. Doke here, wishing you all a happy New Year.

I didn't have a bad 2012 (I remained profiitable enough online to continue making a decent living from the game) but I'm hopeful 2013 will be even better with some big live scores to go with continued online success. I have a busy few weeks right at the start with the WPT in Citywest, and two foreign trips I satellited into (UKIPT Edinburgh and EPT Deauville).

I'm particularly looking forward to Deauville as I haven't played an EPT in almost 2 years. My last EPT trip (Berlin in 2011) was a successful one as I managed to cash in the main event and final tabled a side event, so hopefully I can pick up where I left off.

Since Irish Eyes moved, I've been putting in decent volume, primarily on Cake (reviewed in the last letter) and I final tabled the Cake High Roller a couple of times and managed to win it one night.

But I also play on 'PivMerge' (the name of the Irish Eyes Merge software, also known as 'Onfire') and Irish Eyes Poker Ideal (reviewed in the next letter).

So far I've mainly played 6 max online holdem cash on PivMerge (which is very soft and well worth a try if you fancy dabbling in cash) but there are also some decent daily tournaments:

10 PM $5k gtd ($109 freezeout)
11 PM $3k gtd ($60 rebuy/addon)
12 PM $5k gtd Deepstack ($60 freezeout)
3 AM $3K gtd 6 max turbo ($22 rebuy/addon)

The PivMerge major is at 8 PM on Sunday's and is a $109 freezeout 100K gtd. This tournament will always have a special place in my heart as when I won it a few years ago it was my first online major.

I've been mixing things up a little by adding some online cash to my schedule. While mtts remain my main focus, I think it's no harm to diversify, and one of my new year's resolutions is to play more cash in 2013 (and also games other than holdem). PivMerge has some good low stakes cash action in Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, 7 Card Stud, 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo, Razz, 5 Card Stud, 5 Card Draw, Triple Draw and Badugi.


If you'd like to check these or any other tournaments out, Irish Eyes have released the 'reload' bonus code 'IERELOAD' which gives a reload bonus (once per player) of 150% up to €500 (t&c's apply). The bonus is cleared in 10 steps, so if you deposit 100 euro, you will get the bonus of 150%, in this case 150euro , the bonus will be credited in 10 steps 150/10 = 15 euro. Make sure to enter the promotional code IERELOAD when you are making a deposit.
 
If you missed the introduction to the system and my Cake tournament picks in my last letter, (including mention of Irish Open Qualifers with $4,000 package guaranteed and Super Poker Event sats) you can still read it at http://irisheyespoker.blogspot.ie/2012/12/letter-from-doke-doke-on-cake.html

And if you are having any issues regarding the move from our old site to the new system, you can read about the changes at these pages:

http://irisheyespoker.blogspot.ie/2012/12/accessing-your-irish-eyes-account.html

http://irisheyespoker.blogspot.ie/2012/12/letter-from-doke-with-help-for-players.html

Happy New Year from myself and all at Irish Eyes Poker

No comments: