Monday, September 12, 2011

Letter from Doke (14th Sept 2011)

Hi,
Doke here again. I had a fairly quiet week online. I only played Monday and Tuesday as on Wednesday my friend Mark Smyth had been selected for the "Team Pro plays a home game" segment on the TV coverage for UKIPT Dublin. He invited me, Phil Baker and Lorand Santo along. You're guaranteed entertainment with that crew and hopefully it'll translate to the coverage.

I played Day 1A of the UKIPT on Thursday. Reasonably uneventful day as I chipped up steadily. I peaked at 50k before going card dead towards the end which meant coming back with a reasonable stack of 38k, just over 30 big blinds.

The following day I played a side event and was put at the same table as two of the readers of these letters, wee Bridie Gribben and not so we Steven Byrne. Steven knocked me out of this event in Cork but this time it was Bridie who did most of the damage, living up to her promise to my friends who were watching to make me her bitch :) The craic at the table was mighty and it was a shame we broke. I didn't last very long at the new table.

Day 2 of the main event didn't go so well. I had breakfast with one of the chipleaders, my friend Breifne Earley. Breifne asked me for some tips and I ran through some advice on shoving stacks, reshoving stacks, and ranges. I should probably have checked the table draw first: turns out we were at the same table!

I hovered around for a few hours without getting the hoped for doubleup and eventually went on reraising JTs all in from the small blind over a button min raise only to run into AJ in the big blind. We were about 50 from the bubble but with my stack I couldn't just be hanging round so I have no regrets about the shove.

On Sunday afternoon, I appeared on Dublin City FM's "On The Ball" with Breifne Earley to talk about the success of Team Irish Eyes players at
EMOP Dublin and other recent Irish tournaments. This week also saw the appearance of my first blog for the Star at their website:
http://starbets.ie/poker-blog/grinding-and-an-afternoon-with-roy-06092011/ This blog is aimed at more general readers than my normal blog.

Good luck at the tables - unless I'm at the same table :)

Doke

----------
Click on the links in the menu for details on all Irish Eyes Poker promotions, including:

Iron Man Barcelona Promotion (€18,000)
September Freerolls (€36,000)
Raked Hands Race (€40,000)
Sit n Go Leaderbaord (€30,000)
Upto 45% rake back
Team Irish Eyes Poker promotions.

Keep up to date on my blog
(http://dokearney.blogspot.com/) and on Twitter (daraokearney).

No comments: